Douglas Flat CA Real Estate
In 1854, miners had built a small building to serve as a church and town hall, and later served as a school. The town of Douglas Flat was small, and remains so today. By the 1860s, three stores had been established, including the Italian Store, a square stone building which still stands today.
Now Douglas Flat is home to a few wineries and restored historic structures. The community center is in the old schoolhouse, which was a school for 100 years from 1856 to 1956.
Photo courtesy of GoCalaveras.com